Over a year ago, I was involved in an on-line swap of low volume charm squares. It was a lot of fun getting them in the mail. I used them to make a Plus quilt after seeing one of Rachel's on Flickr. I got a top done, but loved the look of it so much I knew that it needed to be just a bit bigger. When I cut the packages of charms at work, I took one home and used them in the quilt almost immediately. They are so handy to just grab and sew---no measuring!
I used bright scraps for the pluses so they would pop. I thought it would be interesting to see what a black and white shot looked like with such a mix of background fabrics. Kind of cool.
Linda quilted this one for me. I wanted texture and she wanted to try out this quilting design. We are both happy with the result : ) The binding is a text print called Wordplay.
One last shot. I've decided I will never be a photographer. I didn't notice all the tents in the background until I uploaded this picture onto the computer. Duh !
my first finish on the list for quarter 3 of the Finish Along (list)
quilt stats :
Low Volume Plus quilt
55 x 77
linking up with Crazy Mom (on friday)