Wednesday, February 25, 2015

FEBRUARY MAKES

Happy Wednesday!  Thanks so much for all the nice comments on my previous post.  There were a couple of questions I couldn't answer because the commenter was a 'no-reply' but I will address those at the end of this post.

This months bee blocks :

I made a cake for Carla 


Stacey asked for a star block with low volume background


Jera asked us for string blocks using the foundation piecing method.  I sewed the strips onto 8" squares then sewed the squares together


My daughter in law came over and I was able to give her 4 baby hats to give out at the hospital.
I finished a couple more




Regarding the last post, the font I used for the 'brand' is called Carnivalee Freakshow and yes the quilt pattern is original so it's not available : )  The tutorial for the arrows can be found here  

The wedding is coming up fast. We probably shouldn't,  but hubby and I have decided to take off for a few days.  See you when we get back  : )

16 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Your blocks all look so nice. Those strings are such a pretty color. I LOVE the little hats too.

Enjoy your break.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Love the blocks! (Especially the orange cake! I. Love. Orange.) And the hats are so, so sweet!

rachel said...

Seriously, Carla! those hats! I'm freaking out over them! :)

Lorraine B. said...

Have a fun time. When you get back it will be full steam ahead until the big day!

Kim said...

More lovely bee blocks...love the string block; it is packed with gorgeous pattern and colour. Cute, cute hats. Have a lovely little time away, Carla.

Susan said...

Oh, more pretty baby hats! I wish I could get my act together! I at least found the circular needle. Now i need to find my wool.....

Serena @ Sewgiving said...

These have to be the sweetest little hats I've ever seen :) Nice work on the bee blocks too ... I don't know how you keep up!

Karen H said...

Two more super cute hats!

Enjoy your break!

Linda said...

Beautiful. :)

Helen Philipps said...

Lovely blocks and cute little,hats! Enjoy your break :)
Helen xox

Catherine said...

The hats are so cute. Love the variety in all your blocks too. I hope the wedding goes well.

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Love the strings block. And the hat with the leaf is adorable. Baby hats are just too cute!

Mona said...

Cute hats! Hope you enjoy your days off, life is too short to be working all the time!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I LOVE those baby hats - adorable!

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Such a busy and productive month you have had!

Rene' said...

Beautiful blocks! I hope you and your husband enjoy your days away. Probably a good idea after all the prep work and before the wedding ;-))