Saturday, May 28, 2016

A 'SWEET' POST

I must be craving sugar.  Right now I am all about the candy colours : )
Remember this 'creamsicle' shawl? Well I finished it and I just love it.  It goes with what's left of my red hair. It's greying fast these days.......



Then the same woman that dyed this yarn, came up with this 'licorice' colour way. I immediately thought of licorice allsorts candy.....


and had to have it in the shop!


Right away I wound a skein and cast on for a pair of fun socks.  I added in a bit of the leftover creamsicle yarn because I really wanted an orange heel


and just like that a heel is born  : )  My candy bag had no blue candies. Wha???

This next combo reminds me of summer sherbet.  I am using two stands of yarn for this shawl. A Malabrigo sock yarn and a silk haze yarn.



It's a real coral colour that my camera just can't capture. Even still, that colour! Delicious.

Enjoy your week end!
Carla

12 comments:

quiltmania said...

Such beautiful work you do!!!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

The tangerine color is perfect for you Carla. And I don't see gray anywhere in that photo except perhaps the siding on of the building or fence behind you.

Jackie said...

I love the liquorise yarn, would you post some to Ireland?
doyleajackie AT gmail DOT com

Kim said...

You look lovely modelling your pretty shawl, Carla. Your shop must look a rainbow filled haven with all these lovely yarns in stock. Love the 'licorice allsorts' wool and that coral wool....as you say just delicious!

Lynne said...

As usual, I'm loving everything you're working on. That first shawl is yummy.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my, you're right - that color is delicious!!! In fact, my mouth is watering something fierce after reading your post :*). I really need to get back to playing with my needles again.

Needled Mom said...

The colors are all so pretty and your knitting looks beautiful.

FVITH said...

What lovely bright colours. That orange really suits you.

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

All of a sudden Omwant a strawberry margarita! Beautiful work...and colors. Stop by my blog today if you can. I yarn bombed my garden!

Julie Cefalu said...

Delicious colors, Carla! I love that raspberry coral color myself. Julie@TheCraftyQuilter.com

Jeannine said...

You are so adorable and in such great shape. That color looks great on you!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

So many pretty, pretty colors in this post!