Monday, July 25, 2016

A FINISH OR TWO

On my last post I showed you a quilt top for my grand daughter.  It's now quilted with beautiful texture but I have yet to do the binding. I love doing binding so I should get around to it soon.


I'm enjoying puttering on the second one now

I finished the slouchy hat and my daughter agreed to model it for me : )


This girl.............love her


The texture shows so well with the reverse stocking stitch.  My daughter wants one now but in a turquoise yarn.  I have just the one!


These little socks are so fun to knit. The pattern is 'rose city rollers' and is free.  The yarn is by Smith and Ewe here in town in the 'liquorice candy' colour way.  I added in the orange

And lastly,  this little hoodie.  Oh my goodness I just love it ! The yarn is Merino and Alpaca. It will be so cozy, soft and warm for a baby


the bubble wrap is kind of creepy but it works : )

Look at all my blackberries!!!

So cute!

Thanks for reading again.  Enjoy your week

Carla

16 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That hoodie is so cute. If it were my size I'd love to snuggle into it. The + quilt turned out beautifully. The soft colors are so yummy. Your quilting and knitting are both so beautiful.

Lynne said...

Everything is gorgeous, including your model! I want that hat!!!!

Ladyquiltsalot said...

Wonderful finishes! Can't wait to come to the shop again next month!

quiltmania said...

You have the perfect model! Great finishes.

Jayne said...

The quilt turned out beautifully! The colors are perfect! A soft, delicate cloud of goodness! You have a gorgeous daugher and the slouchy hat is wonderful!

Karen S said...

Your quilt is looking lovely and is so close to finished.
Love the hat!! and the baby hoodie. That is so cute!!
Great socks - I need those here. Must make some.

Kim said...

Who would've thought that you would have the perfect yarn and colour for another slouchie hat. =) Love the baby hoodie, it is so very cute. AND...LOVE the quilt now with all that quilty texture. What a lucky little grand daughter!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a wonderful array of projects!! Thank you for mentioning the name of your sock pattern, as I have just downloaded it from Ravelry. Short socks are my favorite to wear.

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Your daughter is right: that beanie would look lovely in a turquoise too.
Yes, I am looking enviously at those blackberries.

Lisa in Port Hope said...

The hat turned out lovely, I don't think I could wear that co!our but it looks nice on your daughter. I'm glad that you're still getting stitching time with your shop, I have heard of makers who open a shop and sadly never get any time to make.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Love seeing all the knitting and quilting you do. The fabrics in the plus quilt are all so lovely. It's kind of like a sweet and subtle I-spy quilt too.

Jeannine said...

All lovely - including your daughter. Love the quilting on the quilt.

Julie said...

So much to love in this post!! I love the quilt top for your granddaughter, and the new hat you knit is gorgeous, as is your daughter. The socks and baby sweater look great, too!

Sue said...

Love that slouch hat. Is there a pattern?

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love the + quilt!

Carla said...

Love the quilt. The Slouchy hat is really cute and I'm like your daughter, one in turquoise would be nice or even an egg plant color. LOL. Oh the choices. the little hoodie looks so soft and cozy.
You've been busy