Monday, December 5, 2016

WINTER

It's here.  This will be my life until about February.  Cold, dark, and snowy  : (

I've never been a fan of winter, but let's have it so we can get it over with !  I will keep myself busy by sewing and knitting the months away.

I made Cindy's block for November.  She is doing the words from a song she loves.  I thought the music note fabric was a perfect background for her word.


I finished the sweater and hat for a little guy to be born this month.  This is yarn from Sackville NB and it is dreamy to work with


The colour is sweet potato, and the hat is made from a Koigu yarn


My little grand girls have been asking me for fingerless mitts a long time. It snowed, so that motivated me to get going.  1 down.......

The winner of the note cards is Soma!  I will pop those in the mail to you this week. Please e-mail me your address  : )  Thank you to every one who entered as well.

Have a great week
Carla

10 comments:

coastal gray said...

I actually wish i lived where there's winter, snow.... and could stay inside and learn to knit.... beautiful...

barbara woods said...

i'm with you , cold dark rainy is depressing

Kim said...

Oooh....sounds a little chilly up there. I will send warm thoughts up to you whilst I sit in my swing seat looking at my pond, surrounded by all the Spring flowers. =) The block is lovely and the sweater and cute hat, just gorgeous. Love the blue wool for the fingerless mitts. Keep warm, lovely Carla.

Susan said...

Seems like we all agree- the cold, windy and grey days we get in Melbourne are horrid! Give me a dusting of white snow and I'd be much happier! But we never seem happy with the weather we get! Cute knitting!

Paige said...

The bee block turned out great and you are right about the musical fabric for the background. Sweet little mittens, adorable!

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE your music background with the word. It is perfect.

Your knitting always impresses me too.

Granny Maud's Girl said...

I think what we call winter here would not even rate the name in Canada.
Gorgeous knits as always, Carla.
We stock Koigu yarn at work too, and I am keen to finish some UFOs so I can start knitting with some of the lovely colours and textures.

Quilter Kathy said...

Prayer song... beautiful!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Gorgeous stuff!!! I'm ready for a bit of snow here. Just a BIT though... I find myself struggling to get into the holiday spirit and I am *convinced* that snow would fix it! :) Enjoy your season!

Karen S said...

The hat and jumper will be a lovely gift.
And I love the colour in the fingerless gloves.