Friday, January 6, 2012

A FINISH AND A START


I got the binding on my "Etchings" quilt.  I used the tone on tone grey.  It was either that or the red, but I thought the grey would be more subtle.  This line is so pretty.  I may have to scoop myself a jellyroll depending on what future projects I decide to do. (the full quilt can be seen if you scroll down a couple of posts)



There is also a bit of Pom pom de paris and some Lilly and Will 2. Both are Moda lines that worked well with it.


A new year, calls for a new start.  Using a layer cake of "hometown" by Sweetwater, I have drawn up a plan..............



.......more on that later.

I wanted to say a special Happy New Year to Marie, who is sitting up there in LL sipping coffee and reading her list of blogs.

Have a great day : )

8 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Gorgeous binding (and quilt)!! And I love Hometown.. can't wait to see what's in store. :o)

Debbie said...

I love hometown too - working with it myself! Your finished quilt looks so lovely!

Marie said...

I love your choice of binding for your quilt, Carla and thanks also for the greeting! Happy New Year to you as well!
See you soon.
Marie

quiltmania said...

The great binding is perfect. It looks stunning hanging up at Katja's!

Richard Healey said...

The bindings look wonderful. I have not yet tried to do bindings. As I am new to sewing strait lines are still a chalange to me. Very pretty quilt design.

Diane-crewe said...

the grey look wonderful ... think hit works better tnan the red would have looked xx

Shocking Hocking said...

it's beautiful - such a gorgeous range

Anonymous said...

Hi Carla,
Etchings looks wonderful and I am patiently waiting to see what you create with Hometown. You are in inspiration, I enjoy your blog ! Ronnie