I have them partially sewn together, but as you can see, the centre is going to give me grief.
Once the papers are out and it's pressed, I will be able to square it up to it's proper size.
Next, I tried the foundation paper pieced templates and this worked ok. One thing is for sure, angles are difficult to cover no matter how small the space. I had a piece of the blue 5" x the width of fabric and still managed to miss a corner. Seriously??? Sad, but true.
I only did two colours for this block, because the block in the book seemed unbalanced to me as far as colour placement. See the little floral print? The top and bottom pieces are actually covering two spaces. I tried this in hopes of reducing some bulk in the centre. It worked well. I've circled where I did this. I figure I can fudge it a bit. It is my quilt after all : )
I think it's a keeper.
p.s. Do NOT attempt this block after 9:00 p.m. (trust me on this one)
I am loving the texture on my cowl. Just 19 more rounds and I can cast off and start wearing this thing. Now if we only had snow......
The physical work I have been doing this week, is inventory at the shoppe where I work. Katja is always dreaming of new ways to display the store. We made some major changes this year. We moved the cash desk, moved the cutting table, and the 10 foot, 100 year old Hudson's Bay counter. Who's idea was that! After 2 and a half days of counting and arranging, it looks great. Here are a few shots of some displays.
We have pillows hanging around,
a block of the month using Kate Spain's terrain, and room for new samples coming soon......
a pile of pre-cuts with their yardage,
We moved the Christmas fabrics into the sale bin. For all you regular customers, now is your chance to get some lovely fabrics for next year or maybe some backings for tops you have made. We re-open Friday. See you there.