Thursday, May 21, 2015

MAY DAZE

This morning I clued in to the fact, that it's nearing the end of May and I hadn't started sewing the many bee blocks for this month.  I think I've been in a daze.........

For the do.good stitches groups I made these 'I spy Bubbles' blocks


Raw edge appliqué made them go fast

and these 12 inch bow tie blocks


The block on the right is called 'Gemstone' and it uses lots of scraps  : )

and just look at these for the Great Canadian Stash busting bee


I LOVE them!  It seems every month I want a whole quilt out of the blocks I do. This one may just happen but you know how that goes. The tutorial can be found here.  Aren't they sweet?

and lastly, this month is my turn to get blocks for myself to keep from two of the groups. I asked for basket blocks and they have started to arrive in the mail.


I'm pretty excited about this one !

Enjoy your week end.




15 comments:

Brandie said...

Those baskets are pretty cute! They are going to make a gorgeous quilt.
All your little blocks are so fun! You always have such colorful posts :)

Kim said...

Shame on you, Carla, for not having all those blocks finished on the 1st May :) Probably too much dreaming of those grandbabies on the way!! Lovely blocks as always. I love all those pretty baskets.

Lynne said...

Oh those baskets! Every time I see a few more I get the itch to make some. The X blocks are awesome.

Celtic Thistle said...

I love the I spy bubble blocks, they looked fun to do.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Beautiful blocks, Carla! I love now those baskets, which I haven't tried yet. Happy to start today NEW quilt! Have a lovely weekend! x Teje

Karen H said...

I love all of these blocks but the baskets really caught my eye. That is going to be such a fun quilt!

Karen S said...

You are in a lot of block groups. And they are all so different. I love the bubbles and the cross blocks. Wonderful collection of baskets you have started receiving.

Needled Mom said...

I can't decide which blocks I like the best! I love the I Spy Bubbles, but those + and baskets are fabulous too!

rachel said...

Carla, I am just so inspired by how diverse your work is. You really master so many different styles so well! I LOVE the crosses. They are my fav. But they are all SO GOOD!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Wonderful blocks! Especially those from the Breat Canadian Stash busting bee!

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Your baskets are a perfect bee block. They are cute and will give you no grief with points that are not pointy and the like.

Rene' said...

I love seeing all your bee blocks each month! You're in some great bees. I have pinned a couple of these links for future reference. The basket block is a great choice. I need to make mine for you still ;-)

Live a Colorful Life said...

Your basket quilt is going to be the best! I plan on working on them today. Why am I always so late? How could May almost be over?!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Ha . . . May Daze has turned into May Haze for me. I love the basket blocks and am so sorry to tell you I'm way behind this time. Out of town family coming this week so I'll do my best and you will get them. Just not right away.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh, I love love love those "spy bubble" blocks!! My kiddos would love them too... one day.