Monday, May 25, 2015

POUCHES

A couple of months ago, over on Instagram, I joined a Canadian birthday swap.  I have received some of the nicest parcels in the mail with treats and handmade things.  I thought I would try a little zipper pouch to send to the birthday girl this month.  Me and zippers don't normally get along, but I was a bit determined  : )


I chose fabrics that I hoped had a sort of vintage feel because she likes that.


This is the Open Wide Zipper Pouch and the tutorial can be found here


It turned out pretty good and I feel ok about sending it as part of my gift


I thought while it was fresh in my head I would try another. This time though, I put a little tab at the front of the zipper too so the installation would be a bit easier


It's ok


These fabrics are 'indelible' and I love them


the bottom of the pouch


Two pouches done and ready for gift giving : )
I think the second one will go to a certain girl who loves purple!

Enjoy your week

18 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Great job Carla! Don't you just love it when you stretch yourself to perfect a skill and it works out nicely? These will make lovely gifts :*)

Needled Mom said...

Those both look wonderful. You did a great job on the zippers too.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute bags. Lots of great blocks and quilt in the previous posts, too (sorry, I'm catching up after a couple weeks away).

Karen S said...

They are both lovely. Perfect for gifts.

einfach bunt said...

Your pouches are beautiful!
Sewing on this little tab is worth the work I think :-)

Karen H said...

Love these little pouches!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

These are beautiful :)

Ladyquiltsalot said...

Really cute, great job!

Jayne said...

I think they are fabulous! Your zippers look pretty perfect to me. I tend to make several pouches at a time just because like you said...while its fresh in my mind!

What a fun swap! I don't know how everyone finds these swaps! I really want to try one!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Carla! These are Super beautiful! Your zippers look perfect and I love the Fabrics! x Teje

Sharon - IN said...

The pouches look so nice. Thanks for the link!

Kim said...

I spy with my li'l eye not one, but two gorgeous pouches AND.....some lovely Cosmos!! Those zippers look as if you have been zippering away all your life, Carla!!

Rene' said...

What a fun swap idea! Your pouches are lovely!! I would never have guessed you have issues with zippers ;-)

Hilachas said...

Oh, I like those pouches. Lovely. I'm going to try to make one. Thanks for the tutorial link.

Live a Colorful Life said...

The pouches are so cute. I wish I had purchased more Indelible. That purple print is so beautiful.

Granny Maud's Girl said...

I still adore that blue print on the first one.

OPQuilt said...

Terrific pouches, Carla! You'll love the dumpling bag, too, as putting in the zipper is a snap. I also love the wide-mouth pouch, too, and have made a few of these as well. I like that zipper off to the side.

Elizabeth

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I love these!! Dimensional sewing is how I got hooked, so I love seeing bags pop up on your site. Your style suits these perfectly! :)