Wednesday, August 17, 2016

FINISHES !

How is your summer going?  My most recent finishes won't come in useful until winter, but I feel good about being ahead of the game.
I made another 'Gellatly' hat. This time I used yarn from Lichen & Lace from Sackville New Brunswick. Ohhhhh it feels wonderful.


My daughter gets this one.

These socks.  How cute are they?  I can just imagine my little grand babe having toasty toes. The yarn is Zauberball from Germany.


Not to forget the rest of my family, I canned peaches this year! I never crack open a jar until the snow flies.  So worth the wait  : )


I finished my bee blocks I was re-doing.  Now you can see how the first time I made the 'yellow' block, the white wasn't quite white. I feel much better about sending the block now.  Sally, is for another member



Last weekend we had a big birthday bash to celebrate all the family birthday's from the past 3 months.  I'll just show you a few of the littlest people in the family


This precious little guy turned 1 and it called for lots of whipped cream and berries!!


Trying to decide how to best tackle it........


Oh. My. Heart.


His little cousin crawled over to give him a hand  : )


and then it was time to get cleaned up.  Too cute!

Enjoy your week.  Thank you for stopping by.
Hello to Alison who reads from New Zealand, and to Kim who reads in Tasmania, and Susan who reads in Australia!  So fun to connect with people with just the click of a button.

14 comments:

Needled Mom said...

OMGosh....those little ones are so precious. The hat and socks are super cute too.
You have been busy with your blocks and canning!

Ladyquiltsalot said...

Cuteness overload!

Susan said...

Mr. One-Year-Old is SO, SO cute..... The look on his face with him sizing up the cream and berries is priceless! Your knitting is always inspiring! I am definitely going to learn how to knit sox- the variations seem endless! Hi back from Australia!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The boys are adorable!!!!

Karen S said...

Gorgeous hat and fun socks!!
The little ones look like they had a wonderful time!

Martha said...

Oh my goodness the babies are just too cute!
Beautiful hat, the color is so pretty!

All Knit Up Designs said...

Look at those baby bellies! Congrats on the finishes and all the birthdays! -Sierra

Kim said...

She preserves and cooks as well!!! Your little guys are so adorable. I love all their cute chubby-ness. Cute hat and what gorgeous wool in those socks. Love the colours!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Oh those two little guys are just adorable!

Leanne Parsons said...

Those socks!! They're so cute and tiny :) The babies are absolutely adorable. Nothing better than seeing a one year old dive into something yummy and messy...unless it's two one year olds!

OPQuilt said...

Very cute photos of your grandchildren, but what I really want is the recipe for that delicious looking cake! Yum!! Good for you for canning peaches--I'm totally impressed with your industry.

Elizabeth

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Cute socks and those babies are adorable!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Cutest baby photos ever!!!! With sweeties like that around I'd never get anything done.

Carla said...

adorable pictures