Friday, November 4, 2011

FROSTY FRIDAY

There was a heavy frost this morning, and snow could be here at any time.  I don't like the cold, but I am however, looking forward to long winter evenings of sewing and knitting by the fire.  This week I did quite a bit of piecing.

First up block #7 of the farmers wife quilt along: birds in the air


In order to make a queen or king sized quilt set on point, you have to repeat some of the blocks.  This will NOT be one of them.  Those little darlings are fiddly.  I am still liking that background though.



I have 26 of these blocks made.  Over half way.



They are going faster all the time.


Remember the package I sent to Germany? Well, it got there in one piece and if you care to read about it, you can go here.  Her enthusiasm is contagious and rather funny.

Have a great week-end.


5 comments:

Sana Saroti said...

Haha, we can just keep sending people back and forth ;-) I dont mind! Your blocks are so pretty and neat! Love the fabric of the "birds in the air" block.

JanuaryT said...

I love that block! I think I'm going to start the farmer's wife in January. I got the book and well I think I need a quilt along with tutorials :) I can't wait to see some more. January T

Gramma Quilter said...

I love your heart Carla!

KaHolly said...

I'm here from Sana's site. You certainly made her day!! I really love that intertwining block. I can't wait to see it all together!

suzitee said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog....it means I can visit you back! I LOVE your Farmers Wife blocks! They are looking great, and the background fabric really suits the project. Keep up the great work...it sure is a looooong term effort :)