Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WHY NOT? WEDNESDAY

I finished Scarlet's Christmas sweater.  I had the buttons made for it.  They are just what I wanted, but a bit big for the button holes.  Oh well. I'll make them fit.





The pattern is a Debbie Bliss.  I love her kid knits, however she usually makes them wide. Perhaps she thinks all our babies are rollie pollies!  The bell sleeves are what I fell for on this sweater.  Now to make the dress.

Why not a new start?  Christmas is coming and I'm thinking a fun little wall hanging might be a quick project.


Also, Lorraine asked that I  re-post the fabrics I chose for the mystery quilt. Hope this helps.  As well are steps 1 and 2.  Little half square triangles and 9-patches.


Have a wonderful Wednesday.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

oh my, your sweater with those buttons is absolutely darling!! LOVE IT! And love your fabric for your new start.....sounds delightful!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I can see why you fell for that sweater pattern! The sleeves are adorable and I love the buttons you had made.

Great fabrics for both projects! I just love red. Can't go wrong with red.

2 Good Claymates said...

The buttons look cute on your adorable sweater -- hope you managed to get them to fit the sweater.

I'm a follower on your blog now. Katja shared the link with me today.

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Love the sweater Carla. I also knit a lot of Debbie Bliss baby patterns. I thought it was me,because I felt she made the patterns too wide. The pattern I am working on now I made adjustments so I hope it works out.