Monday, August 3, 2015

A LAZY SUMMER......AND A FINISH

Well Helloooooooo : )  I trust your summer is going great so far.  Last month, hubby and I took a little trip to the East Kootenays back to where my father was born.  We stayed at a beautiful ski lodge for a reasonable price as it is off season. Each day, we came down off the mountain into the little town of Fernie, B.C.   I think I'd like to retire there. It's very quaint with lots of nice shops and good eats.


city hall


While there, I finished up a quilt for my grandson who wasn't born yet.  He is my father's name sake, so I thought it was kind of neat to be wandering around the town that his Great Grandpa toddled in : )

I pulled fabrics from my stash after seeing Ashley's quilt over at Film in the Fridge.  The fabrics were sitting out on the table and my daughter in law commented how much she loved that combination. 
Well, you don't have to ask me twice! Sewing commenced right away and as luck would have it, I found this yarn that was a perfect match too.






It's just little, measuring 36" x 45" but is perfect for his cradle.  

He did arrive, 2 weeks late, after I returned to work. That's ok though. I had the privilege of being there when he was born at home, so we had a little chat about keeping Gramms waiting : )



It's nice to be back in this space. Thanks for reading and enjoy your day


25 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love those wrinkly little feet. The quilt is gorgeous. LOVE the colors!

That looks like a great place to visit.

dutchcomfort said...

Congratulations on the newborn Grandson! I was just wondering if he made his entrance into the world yet.
I love the quilts’ colours and the ski lodge looks like a great place to stay!

Karen said...

Awe congratulations...such a sweet blessing.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Between the quilt and the baby, I think that counts as two finishes.

Nicole said...

Congratulations! And that IS a great colour combo.

Ella said...

Lovely quilt and adorable feets!

Lisa C said...

Congratulations!

ann said...

Those tiny feet....melt my heart. My sons and one son's GF live in Fernie. It's nice to see it described as quaint and a place you'd like to return to. My husband has visited a Couple of times but neither time was good for me to travel. If they stay there much longer I will have to get out and visit.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Congratulations on both finishes.....grin. Sweet baby love.

Susan said...

A sweet cute for a sweet grand baby! Love the colors too!

Pedal Sew Lightly said...

Oh, I just love little padded baby feet. Congratulations! That is an adorable quilt.

Dawn Hughes said...

So very sweet little feet...and he shouldn't keep Gramms waiting.... The quilt is beautiful, love the colours, and perfect
For The Little Prince! Enjoy.

Brandie said...

Awww, so precious! Congrats to you and your family!

Kim said...

What a lovely place Fernie, BC seems to be. You could retire in a lot worse places, Carla. =) Your cradle quilt is lovely as is that lovely wool; fabulous colours. Oh how sweet are your grandson's teeny tiny feet!

Marie said...

Many congratulations on the arrival of your grandson, he will look so spiffy in that little knitted garment and wrapped in the quilt - good job on both!!!
Off to the Island today, I'll think of you when I go to Whippletree Junction, great to have you back.
Marie

Debbie said...

Darling little quilt and congrats on the new little one!

Jayne said...

Welcome back! The colors in that quilt are beautiful together! Great combination! Those little tiny feet!! I'm happy he finally made his grand debut!

Julie said...

oh my gosh, congratulations on your little grandson!! what a treasure!! And the quilt you made him is stunning, no doubt an heirloom he will always treasure.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Congrats to all! The crib quilt is perfect! Love the color scheme as well!

Nat at Made in Home said...

COngrats! How cute are his feet! Love the quilt as well!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Congratulations on the newest "little" in your family! I love the quilt... and what a beautiful (and sentimental) location to shoot in!

Granny Maud's Girl said...

What adorable tiny feet.
I love it when families name children after older family members. It is a nod to history and where we have all come from. (But perhaps my husband did not encourage my cluckiness as he worried I was going to call any baby we had Reginald or Myfanwy. :))

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Awwww . . . I just love teeny tiny baby feet. Congrats rather late on your grandbaby.

2dogs2luv said...

I can smell how nice those little feet are.