Saturday, September 17, 2011

SEPTEMBER MODA CLUB




Meeting #1 is over.  After much preparation , it was done all too soon.  I am already sewing for next month.
First up is a full view of the "Countdown to Christmas" quilt that I did.  It would have looked better photographed in the snow, but it's September!  


The back is a cuddly snowman flannel.



The label is a stamp.  That's not just a word, it's my hubby's name.


Leftovers from the big quilt, resulted in these wonky stars.  Always fun to do.


Doris turned "most experienced" today.   I knew she was coming, so I had a little something  made up for her.  How adorable is this?  I got it from   "Sweet Spot Cupcakes".  I think Teresa can create just about anything.


Here's the birthday girl with her treat, and I gave her the mug rug.
Happy birthday Doris.


We had some show and tell which is always great.  This is Marilyn's jellyroll quilt along quilt that we did for the first Moda year.



A "Bliss" jellyroll quilt.


A golf quilt. Very nice.  I am sure the golfer will love it.


I believe there is a new baby down the hall from Roanda who is getting this.



This was such a pretty floral.


Such a fun quilt Brenda.


Doris even brought some show and tell.  She made this out of her door prize fabrics she won.



This string quilt was inspired by our June meeting.  It was also made from door prize fabric. Awesome!



Another Moda quilt called "Blush"  Great job Donna.  So that's where all that border fabric went!


Thanks to everyone who took the time to come out today. See you October 15th.


p.s.  the post I did last wednesday the 14th , I had one of the quilts upside down for the picture.  Obviously...........love is blind.


6 comments:

Sana Saroti said...

Pleeeeeeeeeease Santa, can I get that "Countdown to Christmas" quilt and a dozen of those cup cakes for christmas? I swear I was a good girl ;-)
Some of the trees look like they are just laying on top of the quilt! How did you do that?

Donna said...

Looks so fun!!!! Wish I was closer.

quiltmania said...

Lovely show and tell. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Doris looks so sweet with her sweet treat!

NiCoLe said...

I can't believe how fast you got this posted! Thanks for an awesome meeting. I really loved your quilts.

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

Oh my goodness the Christmas quilt is fantastic...it is making me get all excited. Great job!

LuLu said...

Wow Carla, that quilt on your header is AMAZING!!! I just gotta say it :-)