Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WHY NOT? WEDNESDAY

If you spend any time reading quilt blogs, you have probably noticed blog posts titled "Work in Progress Wednesday",  "Wordless Wednesday", " Tutorial Tuesday",  etc.  Well, in order to keep this blog fresh and a little un-predictable,  I'm starting a new feature here called "Why not? Wednesday".  These posts may be quilt related, maybe something totally random.

To kick off the first post, I am starting a new quilt!  The Australian magazine 'Down Under Quilts #148' features a beautiful Centre Medallion style quilt (that I am a sucker for) that includes english paper piecing---something else I'm a sucker for. I don't have the time to start a new quilt, but I was smitten and thought , why not?


Pretty,  isn't it.


I am using these fabrics as my jumping off point. The lovely bird fabric is from a line called Wrenly. I picked these up on my recent road trip with hubby.   The good news is, Katja will be getting in several pieces from this line.


The four pieces on the left are the Wrenly line. The others are leftovers from my stash.  I'm going to have fun pulling fabrics and auditioning them for this quilt. My shapes are traced, and I am ready to get started.


It's always fun to start a new project, especially when I get to use my stash. Have a great Wednesday.