Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wonky

This little quilt was inspired by a picture I saw. I actually made this in June, but never showed it here.   There was no pattern, but I thought I could figure it out.  The more I looked at it, the more I got to thinking that the background pieces could be cut with the "recs" part of the "tri-recs" ruler set.  First, I cut up some paper and sewed it back together to see if I was on the right track.  It worked!  I then gathered 24 different prints and set to work.  These are all Moda scraps of some sort.


The white background makes all the blocks pop.  A very quick and easy quilt to use up some stash.



5 comments:

Maria said...

Super quilt, it certainly does pop with the white background! I've not come across a "tri-recs" rulers set - can you post a URL link to it?

Sana Saroti said...

Hi Carla, it's beautiful! Now that you have figured out the measurements dont you wanna write a little tutorial?

beecee said...

Oh Carla - must have a tutorial on this - it is a real eyecatcher. Would make a great baby quilt in a smaller scale. PLEASE

Annaliese said...

I popped over from the small blog meet, and I am so glad I did! I absolutely agree with the others... you should do a tute on this! It's stunning and simple! Even if you don't I will totally be looking at this for inspiration :)

Annaliese
http://thepewteracorn.blogspot.com

quiltmania said...

Looks great!