no DUH! (as my daughter would so eloquently put it)
By the time you add up all those little bits, the block is too big and you can't just whack it off because all the points would be gone. Must be more careful from now on.
Frustrated but not beat, I went on the hunt for some star patterns I knew I had and made another block called the 'star of hope'. This was 6 1/2" square exactly. I'm keeping this one instead.
Also on the to do list today were more granny square blocks. The plan for tomorrow is to start sewing them together. Yay!
A couple of days ago, I was notified by Deborah, that I had been nominated for the Liebster Blog award.
I wasn't sure what that meant, so I did a little digging. Liebster is a German word meaning dearest. Hmmm
It was nice of her to think of me and a few other bloggers.
Along with that comes a little business. I am to pass this little award on to 5 other bloggers that I admire, with less than 200 followers. I can think of several, but will keep it to the five.
1. Richard Quilts : Richard will no doubt end up in a magazine. He is new to quilting, but is cranking them out like crazy. He's going for 52 finishes this year!
2. Crooked Seams: Megan is just plain cute. She's doing a jellyroll quilt every month and I am trying to keep up : )
3. Happy Little Cottage: This blog just makes me happy.
4. Kiss Kiss Quilt: Nicke makes some beautiful things and has been an encouragement to me. Stop in and say Hi.
5. Victory and Peace: Nicole is on top of all the latest fabrics and keeps busy with swaps and quilt alongs.
Well, that's it for today. Have fun checking out all the blogs.
The dishes will wait : )