One day back in the spring I tried my hand at sewing some arrows. I was happy with how they turned out, so I wrote up a tutorial. When it was my turn to receive blocks from an on-line group I'm in, I asked them to make me either an arrow block or a feather block. After getting all my blocks, I arranged them on my design wall. I filled in the spaces between the blocks with low volume prints and made a couple of random blocks to complete the top.
|thank you Becca for allowing me to come into your beautiful barn to take pictures|
For the quilting, I gave it to the very talented Linda. She did some free motion swirls and gave it lots of texture. I love what she did!
For the backing I chose a print from the Cotton and Steel line. It had the right 'look'. The binding is a chicken wire print from my stash : )
Because I made this up as I went along, I am entering it in the 'original design' category of the festival.
**This quilt is a finish for the fourth quarter of the finish along too**
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy all the other quilts in the link ups. Starting Now, you can nominate quilts for viewers choice and then vote for your favourite starting Nov. 1 : )
pieced by me and my bee mates
quilted by Linda King
48 x 61
linking to finish it up friday