Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WHY NOT? WEDNESDAY

Today, I thought why not show you a few things I did before I started blogging.  The two pillows are from several years back.  This first one was inspired by one of my favourite words---REJOICE! A good reminder for me to always be thankful.



This next little one was made out of a pre-printed panel.  I embroidered over the lines.  The topiary trees are filled in with french knots.  A bazillion of them : )



You know the old saying "build it and they will come" ?  I made this quilt in the hopes that I would have a grand baby to snuggle in it.  Well, it worked.  My daughter-in-law chose a different quilt for her little one though.  Oh well, I am anticipating lots more babies.  Someone will want it.


This was my first attempt at free motion quilting.  I just did a little around the prams.



Not too bad I guess. Oh, I won something!  Cindy from Live a Colorful Life, had a give-away a month or so ago.  I won without even answering her question.  I didn't try because I never win. I did however leave a comment, and the random generator thingy chose me. Yay!  I won two charm packs that I am sure will come in handy for baby quilts or something.  Thanks Cindy.


Have a wonderful day.





12 comments:

Shocking Hocking said...

love the rejoice cushion - it's gorgeous - have you printed it?

Sana Saroti said...

Your first try at FMQ? You gotta be kiddin' me! You were and you are so super talented!!! Congratulations on the win. Enjoy!

Kathy said...

Love the rejoice cushion and the gate quilt...simple always looks so stylish and clever! I hope your theory on baby quilts is incorrect - I have one just finished, but my kids are only 16 and 17 yo! Not ready for Grandchildren yet!

Debbie said...

Beautiful! I especially love 'Rejoice!'

Diane-crewe said...

I found you at Lilys small blog meet...seem to have joinedin with them all! LOVE the cushions x

Michelle said...

cute baby quilt!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful pillows and what a sweet baby quilt! I think it is fun to see things that have been made before we started blogging. I've been doing that a little too! Congrats on your win, perfect colors for little ones!

JanuaryT said...

I love that pillow!! It is always good to rejoice in everything! Also great job on your embroidery! How did you stay sane doing all those french knots?

amy said...

WOW, that is an amazing first try! love the FMQ :)

Marjorie said...

The french knots boggle my mind.

Quilting with Jannette said...

I love your baby quilt, and you're much braver than I am! - I've only done a tiny bit of FMQ, and only on small donation quilts. Congratulations on winning the charm packs too!
Did you make the pattern for your Rejoice pillow? I'd love to make one too - like you said, it's good to have a reminder to be thankful!

Anonymous said...

I love your pram quilt, just gorgeous!!