Demolition day :
This is what I found
I was shocked at the mess inside (mind you it's about 49ish years old, and tied)
Sewn back together and looking all freshened up
Some simple quilting and a turquoise binding. I tried numerous fabrics for a border but nothing seemed to work. Everything looked too "new". As my daughter put it, they all looked too 2012!
So, I decided to just leave it as is which made it long and narrow, but it fits the crib perfectly : )
The whole point of restoring this, was to try to prolong the life of this little quilty for perhaps another 50 or so years.
Looking at the finished result, I'm glad I took the time.