Friday, December 16, 2011

QUIRKY TREES


I've been sewing a few trees.  This is a fun little wall hanging. I saw a pillow at "From the Blue Chair" and thought I might like to try making some of the trees.  This is like a string quilt which I love doing (as you can tell from my header)




Hubby was quick to point out that the trees don't really line up.  He's good at pointing out things like that : )
I was originally going to call it stringy trees or something, but then changed it to quirky. Now it doesn't matter if they are perfect-------they're quirky!
I did some loopy free motion that looks okay I guess.  I think I held my breath the whole time. I added a little "bling" that I found.  These are mini decorations and just the finishing touch.


Happy Friday.



7 comments:

Debbie said...

This is great, Carla! I love the string trees. And great quilting!!

quiltmania said...

You need to give yourself more credit. Your quilting looks great! And so of course do the trees.

Livin' Blue Quilter said...

The trees and your quilting are great.

Jennifer said...

Love your little trees - very Christmassy!

Anonymous said...

Your trees look great - and if they are a little off centre - it makes them unique... Hopefully I will be at Moda, it has been snowing at the lake all day.... Ho Ho Ho....
Dawn

Renate said...

Carla the trees look wonderful as does your quilting. You did a wonderful job. Very Christmasy looking.

Diane-crewe said...

it makes it so much more fun when things are QUIRKY xx