Wednesday, December 21, 2011

WHY NOT? WEDNESDAY AND A BREAK

This week I thought, "Why not a head start" ? I haven't done much sewing for myself that is specifically Christmas.  This  panel has been kicking around for a while so I decided to do a little something with it.  I am going to get a head start on next years Christmas preparations while I am still in the mood.


I added a couple of co-ordinating prints and am excited to get started today. My stocking isn't done yet so I hope to finish that too.

This is a little hat I finished up yesterday.  It was meant to have knitted bobbles on it, but I decided on some jingle bells instead.  I hope Scarlet will keep it on her head.  It sort of "tinkles".



Also, I am going to take a bit of a break from the computer.  We all need a time of rest . I'm going to focus on my family over the holidays. ( and maybe squeeze in some sewing)




Resting in Hope means, laying down the smaller story of human struggle, and fully embracing the larger story of God's love.   (tkfm)

Merry Christmas to you and yours .

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Carla - Love your cute purple hat! I used that fabric panel this year - I loved the colours. I cut and sewed it into a wall hanging as a sample for my local shop. It's home again now and hanging near the tree :) Will look forward to seeing what you do with it.

have a lovely Christmas, kathy

Anonymous said...

Love the fabric Carla - only you would be that organized that you are now planning Next Christmas. Miss Scarlet will look cute in the purple hat and with bells on - she will be easy to find. Glad you are taking a break and enjoying special times with your family. Have a Very Merry Christmas...
Special Blessing To You!

Sherry said...

Have a very Merry Christmas. I love the little purple hat. It is nice to take some time and sew what you want. I think I might give that a try.

Renate said...

What a lovely fabric panel. I haven't seen that before. Oh and I love the hat, wish I had one. Merry Christmas Carla. Enjoy the blessings of the season and time with your loved ones.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Love the fabric, and what a cute hat! Also love the sentiment about letting go of human struggle and embracing the larger story of God's love - thanks so much for sharing that! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I so agree...taking the time to enjoy God's love and grace. I think we get so caught up in all of the doing for others that we forget to cherish the most important moments and that is with family. LOVE you fabrics and happy sewing!

Merry Christmas, Carla!!!

Becky
xx