Sunday, December 11, 2011

RELAXING.....


Finally a new post.  I had a busy week.  I got my Swoon quilt top pieced and delivered to the quilter.  I had all the staff over for dinner on Friday night.  Everyone pitched in and we had a great time. Here we all are feeling rather stuffed! Aren't we a happy bunch.




I'm on the left in black, next to my lovely daughter.
Then last night, we had a Christmas dinner at our church.  Two dinners in a row! Good thing this year is a calorie free one.

Because Christmas is inching ever closer, I pulled out this quilt I made a few years back.  It's made of log cabin and sampler blocks.  This was fun to do.  The quilting is sort of swirly, like snow. Linda quilted this for me.






I have been enjoying the blog hop.  So fun to read all the comments.  Don't forget to enter for the give-away.  Have a wonderful relaxing Sunday.



11 comments:

Gramma Quilter said...

oh i love that christmas tree quilt. that is one thing i dont have is a christmas quilt.\i would love to make that one if you still have that pattern.i havent got any new projects planned for the new year yet. i am currently sitting with isabella at kody's table. hope to see you soon.
D

quiltmania said...

Dinner at your house was soooo good. And you are right, good thing it was calorie free! Thanks Carla.

Debbie said...

Sounds like you are having good times....and great tree quilt - very cool!!

goldencomet said...

I love youor Christmas tree! I think I might be able to figure out the pattern. Just a suggestion, if I may be so bold, I am thinking that yellow flames appliqued above the red blocks would set it off - looking like candles. Love your blog and I will be following.

Diane-crewe said...

Loving the tree xx

Anonymous said...

I love that Christmas tree quilt! Hmmm, maybe I can squeeze one like that in before Christmas?! Haha!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful Christmas tree!

Catherine said...

what a fabulous christmas tree quilt and amazing quilting

Kathy said...

One of the wonderful things about Christmas, is rediscovering all the precious memories hidden away amongst the decorations - usually the hand-made with love type :) I love this quilt.

Ariane said...

What a gorgeous quilt for the holidays!! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely quilt, and I hope you took some pictures of your Swoon Quilt - I would love to see it.
Dawn