Wednesday was a fun day. A friend and I got together to each make a Tuffet. The instructions were in this book Quilt Love.
I used a heavier weight home dec fabric that I thought looked a little like a Kate Spain print.
The top was meant to have an octagon sewn on but Dawn suggested a hexi flower. Love it!
The most fiddly part was sewing on the hexagon. Other than that, it was pretty straight forward.
Just to give you an idea of how big this is, I found a wool batting that filled a large green garbage bag. I used all of it, plus a bag of polyfil.
Here it is in the nursery patiently waiting for Little Miss Muffet #1 and #2 to come for a visit : )
Dawn had to leave before hers was finished but I will try to get a picture of it. She used Lily and Wil fabrics by Moda. I'm quite pleased with it and will most likely make another. Could be a cute gift sometime.
Enjoy your week-end.
linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts