Instead, I added a border and extended the frame of the block into the border a few times, as a little design element.
The pattern called for a jellyroll and a charm pack, but I did it out of a layer cake. I'm happy with how it turned out. I haven't decided yet on the quilting, but I'm sure inspiration will strike !
Last night, I spent some time sewing on more hexagons to my quilt top. Just 28 more hexies to go, and I can applique it down : ) (It's getting harder and harder to get pictures with the shorter days)
See you back here Friday for a really fun finish!
edited to link up with "help for Hexaholics" at Sarah's